Managing Indirect Spend, The Strategic Sourcing Book, is broken into four sections: Process, Tools, Examples from the Field, and How to Do It.
Strategic Sourcing Book Part One: The Process
A general look at a typical strategic sourcing process, the steps that you should take and the pitfalls to watch out for. Specific attention is paid to outlining the differences between traditional sourcing methods and how they must be adapted to maintain optimal results and savings in indirect spend categories.
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Strategic Sourcing
- Chapter 2: Data Collection and Analysis
- Chapter 3: Conducting Research
- Chapter 4: The RFx Process
- Chapter 5: Scorecarding Suppliers
- Chapter 6: Negotiations
- Chapter 7: Get It in Writing: The Contracting Phase
- Chapter 8: Implementation and Continuous Improvement
- Chapter 9: What Not to Do during a Strategic Sourcing Initiative
Strategic Sourcing Book Part Two: The Tools
This section of the procurement book is dedicated to discussing the tools, information sources and methods of data collection that can be used to help produce substantial savings results in sourcing initiatives. This section of the procurement book also provides guidance for finding or selecting the right paid information sources, public databases and free resources to help empower buyers with the data they need to lower prices. Additionally, specific blogs and news sources are identified, such as The Strategic Sourceror, and specific free online e-Sourcing tools are discussed.
- Chapter 10: The Importance of Market Intelligence
- Chapter 11: Tools to Assist You in Gathering Data and Expediting the Sourcing Process
- Chapter 12: Increasing Stakeholder Engagement
Strategic Sourcing Book Part Three: Examples from the Field
Section three of the Strategic Sourcing Book uses real world examples from practitioners at Corcentric, and provides guidance and how-to steps for critical phases in the sourcing process.
- Chapter 13: Supplier Collaboration
- Chapter 14: Leveraging Supplier Feedback
- Chapter 15: Data Analysis: Transforming Data into Information
Strategic Sourcing Book Part Four: How to Do It
The final portion of the procurement book is dedicated to specific indirect spend categories. Step-by-step guides and examples are provided in several indirect spend categories. Learn the best practices, tools, methods and solutions for sourcing specific indirect spend categories such as office supplies, telecom, MRO, small parcel, and more.
- Chapter 16: Office Supplies and the Sourcing Process
- Chapter 17: Negotiating Local and Long Distance
- Chapter 18: Cell-Phone Management Drives Continuous Savings
- Chapter 19: Getting the Best Small Package Rates
- Chapter 20: Making Sense of MRO Spend
- Chapter 21: Analyzing Shipping Costs
- Chapter 22: Sourcing Services
Strategic Sourcing Book Supplemental:
- About the Strategic Sourcing Book Authors
- About the Strategic Sourcing Book Contributors
- Strategic Sourcing Book Index
Buy the Strategic Sourcing Book
Order your copy of the Strategic Sourcing Book, “Managing Indirect Spend: Enhancing Profitability Through Strategic Sourcing,” today from your favorite online book store or by visiting Amazon.com.