Last Updated: January 2019
1. Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily submit this information through the Site. We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Site.
Information Provided by You
Communication Information. If you contact us directly (e.g., via email, phone etc.) or fill out information on our website (e.g., to ask a question via our online contact form, to apply for a job on our career page etc.), we may collect your name, email address, phone, company, job title, postal address, the content, the solution of your interest, date and time of your message and any attachments thereto, and other information you may directly provide to us. If you post a public comment on our websites, we ask you to provide your name and email address. Without this information we may not be able to answer your question or process your request.
Business Contact Information. We may receive professional contact details of employees and other individuals associated with our customers, partners, and vendors, such as first and last name, email address, phone number, title and department, and other information relevant to, and necessary for us to manage a particular business relationship.
Support Services Information: When you request technical support services through our support portal, via email, via an IT helpdesk ticket or via our call center, we will process your contact information, such as name, email address, phone number and the country in which you are operating as well as information on the reasons for your support request. Without this information we may not be able to answer your support request.
Information Collected via Automated Means
The Site collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. Our Site may use “cookies” (i.e., small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) or similar technologies (e.g., “clear gifs” or “web beacons”) to personalize your online experience and improve our products and services.
Information Collected via Third Parties
Third Party Buttons. We implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button.
Third Party Advertising Companies. We also implement third-party content or advertising on the Site that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Site.
Third party advertising companies may also provide us with data collection, reporting, ad-response measurement, analytical information, and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. Some of our Advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, or for users in the EU, the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Page (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu). Please visit these organizations’ opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. Please visit your device’s settings or install the AppChoices app to learn more about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads in mobile apps.
We may collect Personal Information about you when you sign in via third party services (such as Facebook and Google). This information may include your name, email address, IP address, and other contact details, your gender, birthday and other profile information.
Other Third Parties. We may also obtain Personal Information about you from other third parties, such as professional associations and marketing partners. This information may include your name, job title, and business contact details.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect on the Site in a variety of ways in providing services and operating our business, including the following:
- Facilitating and Improving Our Site. To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Site, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- Analytics and Site Improvement. To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to develop new services, features and functionality.
- Tailored User Experience. To (i) personalize our Site, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit at the Site; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Site.
- Communicating with You. We may use your email address or other information (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or technical-support, (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events including webinars, email marketing campaigns relating to current or new similar products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with.
- Product Development: We may use Personal Information, including information received from business customers, to learn about the use of our products, to diagnose issues, to improve our products and to develop new products and services.
- Aggregate Data. We may de-identify and aggregate information collected through the Site and use it for any lawful purpose, including marketing purposes.
- Legal. We may use your Personal Information to defend our legal rights, to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
Below is an overview of the types of cookies we and third parties may use to collect Personal Information.
- Functional cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Site available to you. For example, to provide the chat and login functionality, and to remember your consent and privacy choices. We cannot provide you with the Sites without this type of cookies.
- Advertising cookies. We work with third-party advertising partners such as Google Ads to show you ads about Corcentric that we think may interest you on third party websites and apps. To do so, we and our advertising partners may place and access cookies through our Site and otherwise collect or access Personal Information collected over time and across different online services. Our advertising partners may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources.
How We Use European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send marketing communications, and to collect information via cookies and similar technologies etc.
- Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide you with Corcentric’s products and services, including for account registration or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example for compliance with tax law and bookkeeping obligations.
- Legitimate Interest. We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our products and services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. How We May Disclose Information
We may share Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Service Provider We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us or for compliance with various reporting obligations. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- Advertising and Analytics Partners. We may make certain information available to third parties for analytics purposes, including; (i) for business or marketing purposes, such as to track sales leads; or (ii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site. Typically, this information is aggregated, or otherwise de-identified Personal Information.
- Social Networking and Other Websites. The Site may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, by posting information to these websites through links available on the Site. We do not share your Personal Information with these social networking sites unless you have authorized us to do so. The use of your Personal Information by any social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
- Legal. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site available, (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others and (vi) to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- Mergers and Other Reorganizations. Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
4. How Long We Retain Information
We take measures to delete or de-identify Personal Information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
5. Transfer of Your Personal Information Outside the European Economic Area
The Site is hosted in the United States. If visit the Site from outside of the United Sites, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information to the United States, which may not have the same data protection laws as your country. By providing your Personal Information through the Site, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States.
6. Your Rights and Choices
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe. We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving announcements of certain information. If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
- Google cookies. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or via Google’s Ads Settings or Ad Settings for mobile apps.
- NAI and DAA. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you may be able to opt out of some network advertising programs by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page and the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information, you will still see advertisements. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive.
- Do Not Track. We do not specifically respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. Your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that these third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights described below. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. Please note that there may be exceptions and limitations to each of these rights.
- You have a right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- You have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
7. Data Security
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we process.
8. Third-Party Services
The Site may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Site. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have collected information from children under 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, then we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
10. Changes and Updates to this Policy
11. Contact Information
ATTN: Senior Vice President of Marketing
200 Lake Drive East, Suite 200
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002