Case Study: Monoprix
Meeting Retail Challenges with Innovation and Agility
Flexibility and Simplicity with Corcentric
Prior to implementing the Procurement Solution on the Corcentric Platform, Monoprix was saddled with an eProcurement tool that did not sufficiently address issues of agility and innovation specific to the retail sector. This lack of flexibility in the tool prompted Monoprix to initiate the search for a new technology solution.
It only takes me a few minutes to modify user access, or even edit a catalog down to the level of a single item. The solution is quite flexible — I’m quite pleased with it.”
~ Malika Burguière, E-Procurement Functional Manager
Following a needs assessment and drafting of specifications, Monoprix carried out a market study and consulted the main players in the market. Corcentric was chosen for its speed, flexibility and simplicity, specifically:
- A rapid deployment in just four months, ensuring continuity of service thanks to the simplicity of data recovery from the existing platform.
- Flexible integration between SAP and Corcentric that transfers budget information via web services, ensuring continuity of functional workflow.
- The Corcentric Platform interface, inspired by Amazon, which provides an intuitive user experience. Catalog updating with generic articles as needed is simple, encouraging rapid solution adoption.
- Ease of configuration, thanks to a powerful rules’ engine, is one of the strong points of the Platform. It enables a high level of agility and responsiveness to ever-changing business needs (organizational, approval workflows, purchasing methods, etc.).
“We needed a tool that was flexible, and easy to use and administer. That’s what we like about Corcentric.” — Malika Burguière, E-Procurement Functional Manager, Monoprix
The ease of configuration on the Corcentric Platform made it possible to meet Monoprix’s objectives. By automating the entire purchasing process, the company now has visibility and control over all spend and budgets managed through the platform.
The platform is now available to nearly 1,500 users, with almost 123 hosted catalogs and five punch-outs. User response and feedback is very positive, and Monoprix and Corcentric are working together to enhance and improve the solution even further.
“It only takes me a few minutes to modify user access, or even edit a catalog down to the level of a single item. The solution is quite flexible — I’m quite pleased with it.” — Malika Burguière, E-Procurement Functional Manager, Monoprix
- Supplier Management
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Invoice Management
- Financial Management
About the Company
Monoprix is a major retailer owned by the Casino Group since 2013. The company has been around for nearly 85 years, with sales of €4.2 billion euros. Monoprix brands include brick and mortar outlets: Monoprix, monop ‘, monop’daily, monop’beauty, monop’station, Naturalia; as well as online retail destination monoprix.fr. A pioneer in the industry since 1947, Monoprix now offers a range of high-quality private label brands.
€5 Billion in Activity in 2019
orders managed per year
2017 group purchasing